Sunday, June 26, 2016

I Love to See the Temple

To teach this month's song, I've created two activities from which you can choose. 
 
The first option is a simple flipchart.  You can print the flip chart from the link at the bottom of the page.
 
The second option is a game to create a graphic of the Salt Lake Temple.  The link to print this game is also at the bottom of the page.
 
To play the game:
1. Print the entire document and cut out the pieces.
 
2.  Before primary, assemble the frame of the temple on the blackboard at the front of the room.  It should look like this: 
 
3.  Hide the remaining pictures by taping them gently under some of the children's chairs.  To avoid confusion, hide verse one on the right side of the room and verse two on the left.  Ask the children to look under their chairs to see if they have a picture.
  
4.    Ask the children to listen as you sing the song and stand up if they believe they are holding the picture which corresponds with the first line.  When you have decided on the correct picture, add it to the temple frame at the front of the room.
 
5.  Continue singing the song and adding pictures until the temple is complete.  Tell the children that they should sing along with you if they know the words. 
 
 
 
I love to see the temple.
 
I'm going there someday
 
To feel the Holy Spirit,
 
To listen and to pray.
 
For the temple is a house of God,
A place of love and beauty.
 
I'll prepare myself while I am young;
 
This is my sacred duty.
 
I love to see the temple.
 
 
I'll go inside someday.

I'll cov'nant with my Father;

I'll promise to obey.
 
For the temple is a holy place
 

Where we are sealed together.

As a child of God, I've learned this truth:
A fam'ly is forever.
 
 
 
For the flip chart:
https://drive.google.com/file/d/0BxaGNthpkBOXME5IVEROZXE5T2s/view?usp=sharing
 
For the temple project:
https://drive.google.com/file/d/0BxaGNthpkBOXamNhalFvSEFxOFU/view?usp=sharing
 

18 comments:

  1. Thank you so much for sharing, I LOVE, LOVE, LOVE this! So cute. Your talents have benefited me many a time already, and I've only had this calling since May! Thank you for taking the time to put all this together for us! I'm getting to where if you don't have one of your cute flip charts for a song, I don't even want to sing it :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you so very much. Absolutely adorable and I think my primary kids will love it! Plus it's a reverent but interactive activity that will keep their attention!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Let me know how it goes! I'm not chorister anymore.

      Delete
  3. This is exactly what I was looking for. Thank you so much for sharing your talents and your time.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I just printed this off.. it was a crazy week!! this is so awesome I am so impressed and so thankful for all your hard work. thank you!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am soooo excited to do this with the children, thank you!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I have translated the visuals into spanish for our group and I am so excited to use this on Sunday. Thanks so much!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's amazing! If you'd like to send me the file, I'll share it.

      Delete
  7. Thank you! This is exactly what I was looking for. I wanted to visuals to go along with the words for my littles who can't read yet... the picture will remind them of the words. Thank you, it's perfect!
    :)- Chelcie Carlson

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thank you so much! I'm excited to do the activity tomorrow! So nice if you to share.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I just printed and assembled this and it's darling! I'm so excited to use it with my primary. I'm subbing for the primary chorister and you just made my job so much easier. Thank you so much!

    ReplyDelete
  10. This is so great! I used this yesterday in ST, and the kids loved it. Thank you for creating and sharing this. It's such a great visual & interactive way to learn the song!

    ReplyDelete
  11. This was such a fun idea. Thanks so much for doing all the work and letting me just copy it! I printed the temple game on cardstock and didn't want little hands to destroy the pieces so I taped them at the front of the room and as they sang, they got to listen and decide which picture came next. I chose the "best singer" to come and pick the correct picture and place it on the foam core board where I had mounted the temple frame. One teacher said this was the best singing time ever because he teaches older boys and they were actually all singing to earn a turn!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Totally used this! Thanks for saving the day!

    ReplyDelete
  13. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete