- Sing the children the first verse of the song. Ask them to listen closely and determine what gospel story the verse is about.
- Display the matching picture. I've listed my suggestions from lds.org below
- Quickly teach the verse. Sing each line to the children and have them repeat it. Include a simple hand gesture. Then have them sing the whole verse back to you. At this point, they'll still be struggling. Don't worry- they'll catch on quickly during the game. Do tell the children to sing "la, la, la" if they can't remember the words.
- Teach the second verse in the same way. I taught verses one and two in the first week and verses three and four in the second week.
- Ask for two volunteers. The first volunteer will stand out side for a moment. The second volunteer will choose a picture and hide it somewhere in the room. Tell the children that the picture can't be completely hidden- at least part of it must be showing.
- Invite the first volunteer back into the room. Sing the verse, getting louder as the child moves nearer the picture and softer as the child moves futher away. Repeat until the picture has been found.
John Baptizing Jesus (GAK 208)
Jesus Christ Appears to the Nephites (GAK 315)
The First Vision (GAK 403)