Sunday, October 4, 2015

Lesson Plans: October 2015

Before I share my ideas for October, I wanted to leave a quick reminder.  We all enjoy planning seasonal or holiday-themed activities from time to time and I agree that they can be a great way to engage children.  Be careful, though, that the theme is incidental to the activities that you plan, rather than the focus.  Our first responsibility is to teach the children the Gospel of Jesus Christ and to help them feel the Spirit.  We should not do anything that would distract from this focus.  Please understand that I list on this site every idea I can- but that I wouldn't necessarily recommend using ALL of them every month.  In the same vein, I try not to plan activities based on secular celebrations.  For example, Halloween and specific sports events would, in my opinion, be inappropriate for inclusion in Primary activities.

  • Use inexpensive glow wands available this time of year as a substitute for ribbon wands with THIS activity

Week 1:  Following the prophet will help us come unto Christ

Week 2:  Sharing the gospel helps others come unto Christ

Week 3:  We come unto Christ by repenting when we make a mistake.

Week 4:  Temple work helps me and my family come to Christ.

Primary Songs featured in October Conference:

How Firm a Foundation
Come, Follow Me
I am a Child of God
If The Savior Stood Beside Me
I Think When I Read That Sweet Story
Search, Ponder and Pray
I Stand All Amazed
I Know That My Savior Loves Me
Beautiful Savior
Love One Another
I Feel My Savior's Love
Primary Children's Choir music including the medley of "Search, Ponder and Pray" and "I Think When I Read That Sweet Story"

1 comment:

  1. I also have "I Know That My Savior Loves Me," "Beautiful Savior," "As I Have Loved You," and "I Feel My Savior's Love" in my list of songs sung at Conference.

    ReplyDelete