As of the first week of January, I have not completed artwork for the new song, "I Know That My Savior Loves Me." My son, MP, has Autism, ADHD, and severe anxiety which has been causing hallucinations. He hasn't been able to go to school and needs constant attention. If you can, please remember him in your prayers this fast Sunday. If we can get him back on his medication, I'll have much more time to devote to art. I may have a flip chart ready for next week, so check back if you haven't taught the song yet. Otherwise, enjoy the following ideas. Thanks for your service in this beautiful work!
1. Introduce the new theme "I Know My Savior Lives" by talking about the Character Traits of Christ.
2. Have a Primary Song Showcase. Ask members of the ward to come perform each of the new songs for 2015.
3. Spend the first week singing the favorite song of each new Sunbeam to help them feel welcome and get them involved. Make sure to read the article "How to Help New Sunbeams Pay Attention." You might also want to try these reverence eggs.
4. Celebrate the new year with the Resolutions Activity or the Fireworks Activity.
5. If you're in the Northern Hemisphere, try out the Primary Song Snowflakes or Snowball Fight Activity. If you're in the Southern Hemisphere, try the Gather Sunshine Activity.