Saturday, January 3, 2015

Lesson Plans: January 2015

As of the first week of January, I have not completed artwork for the new song, "I Know That My Savior Loves Me."  My son, MP, has Autism, ADHD, and severe anxiety which has been causing hallucinations.  He hasn't been able to go to school and needs constant attention.  If you can, please remember him in your prayers this fast Sunday.  If we can get him back on his medication, I'll have much more time to devote to art.  I may have a flip chart ready for next week, so check back if you haven't taught the song yet.  Otherwise, enjoy the following ideas.  Thanks for your service in this beautiful work!


1.  Introduce the new theme "I Know My Savior Lives" by talking about the Character Traits of Christ.


2.  Have a Primary Song Showcase.  Ask members of the ward to come perform each of the new songs for 2015.

3.  Spend the first week singing the favorite song of each new Sunbeam to help them feel welcome and get them involved.  Make sure to read the article "How to Help New Sunbeams Pay Attention."  You might also want to try these reverence eggs.

4.  Celebrate the new year with the Resolutions Activity or the Fireworks Activity.

5.  If you're in the Northern Hemisphere, try out the Primary Song Snowflakes or Snowball Fight Activity.  If you're in the Southern Hemisphere, try the Gather Sunshine Activity.


9 comments:

  1. Hang in there Erin. Your son is far more important than an of us! You will both be in my prayers.
    Take care,
    Donna (a VERY faithful blog follower!) :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Praying for your family today. Thanks so much for all you do!

    ReplyDelete
  3. MP is in our prayers, and so are you.

    ReplyDelete
  4. You and he will be in my prayers. It can be so hard to be a mommy sometimes! He is definitely the most important. We appreciate all you do. I don't have those exactly challenges, but I do know how heartbreaking and difficult it can be to deal with special needs in your children. ((HUGS)). Hang in there.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I hope your son gets the right medication to help him soon. You will be in my prayers. Thank you for all you do to help us in our wonderful callings in primary. We appreciate you and your service so much!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sweet Sister. I would wrap my arms around you and pray with you... hang in there. As I age I learn that there is much more to "enduring to the end" than I ever realized. Prayers and love.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi, Great blog! your blog content information is all about good enough to pepole. Thanks for sharing.
    we also provide Denver Guitar Lessons good enough to play along and enjoy the gift of making music together with others.

    ReplyDelete
  8. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  9. We make plan for for whole year together by arranging my all online tutoring classes of Singing Lessons.

    ReplyDelete