- For the first time since I started blogging, I have chosen not to illustrate the monthly song, "Baptism." I didn't feel that I could create original clipart that would be reverent enough for the subject matter. In addition, as I tried to think of a unique way to teach this song, I had a "stupor of thought"-or, in other words, I kept coming back to the same idea. What I came up with was very similar to those ideas which can already be found on Sugardoodle.net or Camille's Primary Ideas. Therefore, I decided to instead use my time in creating a review activity, which can be used to repeat the song many times once it has been learned. As it is slow and flowing, this song is a perfect fit for review with ribbon wands!
- When the children have learned the song, review with the rock, paper, scissors activity by asking the children to identify which of the three verses several words or phrases belong in.
- If you are in the USA, try the 4th of July fireworks review activity. Or, if you're in the Southern Hemisphere, try the snowflake activity.
- Weeks 3 and 4 of this month focus on the Holy Ghost. Support that theme and review difficult lines from the program songs with the Still Small Voice Chain.
- To further emphasize the theme of the Holy Ghost, review the song "As a Child of God," which the children learned in 2012. It's short and easy but because it is not in the Children's Songbook, it often gets forgotten.
- Or, to go with the theme of Baptism in weeks 1 and 2, review the song "When I am Baptized."
Any other ideas? Share with us in the comments!