Wednesday, January 29, 2014

Lesson Plans: February 2014


  • Introduce the difficult words in the song "I Will Follow God's Plan" using one of the methods described in the first section of this post.  I suggest including the words "purpose," "seek," "direct," and "fast"
  • Teach the song "I Will Follow God's Plan" using the flipchart and activity found here
  • Or, since this month's song is short, you might try teaching the sign language using the easy-to-follow video on the church website.  (Links to the videos are on the right side of the page)
  • Review the difficult words with the Secret Word Game.
  • Practice this month's song or other songs with the reinforcement activity, the Musical Compass. 
  • In Senior Primary, try the fun Review Puzzle!
  • In Junior Primary, sing some familiar songs that go with the weekly themes to see if the Sunbeams know them.  Review if necessary.
    • Week 1:  Heavenly Father has a plan for His children:   "I Lived in Heaven."
    • Week 2:  Heavenly Father commanded Jesus Christ to create the earth as a home for His children:  "My Heavenly Father Loves Me."
    • Week 3:  My Body is created in the image of God:  "The Lord Gave Me a Temple."
    • Week 4:  Agency is the gift to choose for myself:  "Choose the Right."  
  • Talk about the ways Heavenly Father shows us that He loves us with the Valentines Activity

5 comments:

  1. I don't know how you keep up with this blog and all your wonderful ideas. Thank you so much for sharing!! You make my life so much easier!

    ReplyDelete
  2. THANK YOU so much for all of your amazing ideas and guides!!! You are a life saver!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you, thank you, thank you! You are amazing! I really appreciate all the time and effort you put in to this. It is blessing so many!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I used your Review puzzle for not only the Seniors but the Juniors. Just gave the Junior primary some extra helps and I moved the word strips instead. It was a bigger hit at the end with the Junior primary. The senior's had it already figured out. Thank you for all your amazing ideas.

    ReplyDelete
  5. OCD - I am loving your blog. Thank you for sharing your beautiful original art, and fantastic ideas. I'm adding all three of your links for I Will Follow God's Plan to my February 2016 page on primaryhelpers.com. Thank for keeping me in your blog roll!

    Bridgette Patterson
    The Ordinary Adventures of a Primary Chorister

    ReplyDelete