Friday, October 11, 2013

Primary Song Snowflakes

UPDATE:  Click HERE for an editable Word version of both years' snowflakes.  Adjust margins and image size to suit your printer if the documents below don't work.

Every winter, I love to make Snowflakes with songs on the back for the children to choose from.  This year, I decided to design snowflakes that go with the theme of several songs.  I'll let a child choose a flake from the board and see if he or she can guess which song it might go with.  Here are the flakes I've come up with, along with my suggestions.  I'll be adding more soon, so check back before you do the activity!


Snowman and Snowflakes:  
Once There Was a Snowman #249

Stars
I am Like a Star  #163
Stars Were Gleaming  #37

Hearts:
Love One Another  #136
Jesus Said Love Everyone  #61
Reverence Is Love #31

Temple:
I Love to See the Temple  #95
Families Can Be Together Forever  #188

"CTR" Letters and Shield:
Choose the Right Way #160
Dare to Do Right #168
Choose the Right #239, Hymns

Sunshine:
Jesus Wants Me for a Sunbeam  #60

Rainbows, Clouds, 8 and Raindrop:
When I am Baptized  #103

10 Commandments:
Keep the Commandments #146

Children Holding Hands
Holding Hands Around the World
Children All Over the World #16

"Pray"
A Child's Prayer

Scriptures
Scripture Power

Flower
On a Golden Springtime



To make these snowflakes, download the document below.  Fold along the grey lines, first diagonally in half, then diagonally into fourths, and finally fold each fourth into thirds.  Be sure that the folds line up as closely as possible.  Precise folding is far more important than precise cutting.

Carefully cut out the shaded areas.  Unfold the snowflakes and either laminate them or glue them to dark paper for stability.  Write the name and page number of the song you've chosen on the back.


27 comments:

  1. When I click on the PDF nothing comes up. Sad! (By the way, those snowflakes are amazing!)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hmmmm.... On my end, I can't see a problem. Sometimes you have to actually download the document, as opposed to just previewing it. If that doesn't work, e-mail me at ocdhousewife@gmail.com and I will send it.

      Delete
    2. When I downloaded it and saved it to my computer, it pulled up as a Word Doc. Could that be the reason "Anonymous" is having trouble? Maybe he/she doesn't have Word?

      Delete
    3. I find that when a pdf file won't open, if i change browsers that helps. Try using Google Chrome, Firefox, Bing, etc.

      Delete
  2. These are absolutely phenomenal! Thank you so much for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You are AMAZING!!! Thank you, thank you, thank you!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Erin--You are amazing! I can't believe how awesome these snowflakes are! First off, I would never think of this on my own. And second, I am about 99% sure I couldn't make a snowflake even remotely resemble a primary song. Thank you!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. You're all so sweet. Thanks for the encouragement.

    ReplyDelete
  6. These are amazing!! You are so amazingly talented!! Thanks so much for all your fun ideas. I am having trouble with number 9 & 11 it looks like they shifted on the page for some reason. Is this happening to anyone else??

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I really and for truely think it's fixed this time! :)

      Delete
  7. I just want to say just like everyone else... You are AMAZING!!! Thank you so much for sharing your talents with us.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thank you! We are making these for our missionary in the field. I agree with Brandy above. I'm so grateful you shared your talents with us :) :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. ok so i am a lil new to snow flake making but i want to do these with my kid is there instructions on how to fold your paper

    ReplyDelete
  10. I just wanted to post and let you know that I used these a couple of weeks ago when we got our first snow fall here in UT. My primary kids were amazed and loved these so much! I gave all my credit to you . . . thanks for making this calling easier.

    ReplyDelete
  11. These are amazing! I can't wait to try them out and see the kids' reactions! Thank you :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Wow! These are AWESOME!! Thank you so much for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  13. These are AMAZING! I sincerely appreciate you sharing your talents. My primary really enjoyed them, and now I can't stand for them to be put in a closet for a year so my kids and I are going to hang them in a big window at home. Thanks again!

    ReplyDelete
  14. I love these and I'm working on them... but how do you get them cut so perfectly?? Any tips? :) Thank you for this!

    ReplyDelete
  15. I use kid scissors, hold the paper very tight, cut with the inside of the scissor not the tip

    ReplyDelete
  16. thank you for sharing this. You are amazingly creative!

    ReplyDelete
  17. I did the snowflake activity in primary today and it was our ward conference so the stake primary leaders were there. It was a huge hit with the kids, and the teachers oohed and awed over the snowflake awesomeness! The stake leaders loved it and asked if I'd bring them to a leadership meeting to help give the other music leaders new ideas. Obviously I'll refer them to your blog! We had a lot of fun, but my rookie mistake was that I told them which song ALL of the snowflakes represented when we ran out of time instead of saving it for next week's singing time as well! oops. :)

    ReplyDelete
  18. These took forever, but it was so totally worth it! When I try to make snowflakes on my own, they look ridiculous. Thank you so much for sharing your creative brain power with the rest of us :)

    ReplyDelete
  19. My primary loved them! My presidency took pictures and wants to decorate with them. My snowflake pro daughter cut them out for me, but made a suggestion on the two of them with words: Pray, and CTR. She ended up cutting off the bottom mirror image of each of these, all the way around, so that it was easier for our kids to read them. I hope you don't mind the modification. These are all truly amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  20. I used eight of the snowflakes today for singing time because we had a huge snow storm last week and I knew the children would love these. The teachers were so impressed and the children had a wonderful time trying to figure out the "message" of each snowflake. Thank you so much for creating these and your willingness to post them for all of us.

    ReplyDelete
  21. This is such a great idea! Thank you! Is there is list of all the songs that go with the snowflakes? I have most of them but am missing a few.

    ReplyDelete