Saturday, August 24, 2013

Song Swat

In order to get ready for the upcoming program, I want to get the children to pay special attention to certain phrases they tend to miss.

To play the game:

1.  Print and cut out the document from the bottom of the page. (These include the required 2016 songs and several popular choices for the optional months.  Discard those which your primary has not learned.) 

2.Attach these pictures to the board at the front of the room.

3.  Print and cut out the phrases that the children have difficulty with.  I've suggested ideas from the 2016 songs.  Fold them in half and place them in a bowl.

4.  Choose two reverent children to come to the board.  Draw a phrase out of the bowl and read it aloud in a clear voice.  When the children know to which song the phrase belongs, they "swat" the corresponding picture on the board.  (To avoid the children hitting each other, you may choose to use fly swatters, feathers, wands, etc. to swat the pictures.)

5.  Have the entire primary repeat the phrase after you until they have mastered it.  Then sing the song (or the appropriate verse of the song), paying special attention to the phrase.

6.  Be careful when playing competitive games.  Remember that we are counseled not to encourage excessive competition.  If you sense that the children are getting too competitive, discontinue play and transition into another activity.  Be sure to congratulate all children on their hard work, reverence, knowledge, singing ability, teamwork, etc. and stress that THIS is what is important.


If I Listen With My Heart
 

 

Stand for the Right
 

 

 

 

 

I Will Be Valiant
 

 

 


write in your own song
 

write in your own song



https://drive.google.com/open?id=0BxaGNthpkBOXNk9qejJHQWZIb1E
 
 
 


Clues

If I Listen With My Heart:
I hear a living prophet speak the things that Christ would say (v2)
He speaks to me in quiet ways that fill my soul with peace (v3)

I Will Follow God's Plan:
Holding fast to his word and his love.

Stand For The Right:
At work or at play, in darkness or light

Praise to the Man:
Blessed to open the last dispensation (v1)
Kings shall extol him, and nations revere. (v1)
Crowned in the midst of the prophets of old. (v3)

I Love to See the Temple:
I'll covenant with my Father (v2)
For the temple is a holy place where we are sealed together. (v2)

The Lord Gave Me a Temple:
Once in Heaven I was spirit, but I left my home at birth (v1)
I may in Father's temple claim blessings promised me. (v2)

Scripture Power:
I'll take the shield of faith from these pages that I turn. (v2)
And fight my daily battles, and win a great reward. (v2)

I Will Be Valiant:
And keep my covenants valiantly. 

This is My Beloved Son:
Jesus entered Jordan's waters (v1)
Saw their white-robed Savior come (v2)
God again presented Jesus (v3)
Words of Christ, the Holy One- (v4)

Heroes of the Scriptures:
Like Ruth, I would be faithful (v1)
Like Joseph Smith, seek wisdom in prayer for heaven's light. (v2)
Inspire me to choose wisely, repent, and do my part.  (v2)
Obedient, brave and holy- more like God's perfect Son. (v3)

1 comment: