Saturday, January 19, 2013

Nephi's Courage


These are the pictures for all three verses of Nephi's Courage.  For the chorus, I had the children make up hand signals.


The Lord commanded Nephi to go and get the plates


From the wicked Laban inside the city gates


Laman and Lemuel are both afraid to try


Nephi was courageous.  This was his reply...


The Lord commanded Nephi to go and build a boat


Nephi's older brothers believed it would not float.


Laughing and mocking, they said he should not try.


Nephi was courageous.  This was his reply...


The Lord gives me commandments and asks me to obey


Sometimes I am tempted to choose another way.


When I am discouraged and think I cannot try


I will be courageous.  And I will reply...


7 comments:

  1. this is PERFECT!!! thank you -- just what I was looking for ;) thank you thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. SO ADORABLE! Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  3. These are adorable. In case you didn't know...on the picture for the 3rd verse that says "The Lord gives me commandments and asks me to obey" it's really supposed to say "The Lord gives US commandments and asks US to obey." I am going to print these as is because they are adorable and I need them today but I will just white out the "me" word and write in "us". Other than that these are perfect!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Also, instead of "Laman and Lemuel are both afraid to try" it should be "Laman and Lemuel were both afraid to try."

      But yes, very adorable pictures and I can't wait to use these!

      Delete
  4. Mona the Music MomJune 11, 2017 at 4:57 AM

    This is an answer to prayer! I've been the Primary Chorister about six times over the years. It's my favorite calling, but I seem to experiencing a lack of ingenuity this time round. You've offered something with a style my sweet singers haven't seen. We ALL thank you for sharing your fresh talent!

    ReplyDelete