Saturday, January 19, 2013

Teaching the Whole Family


I want my primary children to take their songs home and teach their families.  While we're learning a new song, I sometimes take out these family cards to help us practice.  We take turns singing the practice song as each of the family members would sing it.  
 
 
Baby sister can't speak yet.  She sings nonsense words.

The dog sings with his tongue out.

Sister wants to be a ballerina.  She turns in circles while she sings.

Brother is missing a tooth.  He sings with a lisp.

Mom leads the home while dad's away.  She directs music while she sings.

Dad has a very low voice.  He sings one octave too low.

Grandma likes to sing while she bakes.  She stirs a bit bowl of cookie dough while she sings.

Grandpa can't hear.  He has to sing very loud.
 
 

 

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0BxaGNthpkBOXbzk1c0FmcnNvVVU/view?usp=sharing



12 comments:

  1. Love your activity ideas. Thanks so much for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This is such a simple game, but the kids like it.

      Delete
  2. I did this yesterday - oh my gosh the kids LOVED it!! I thought only the jr. kids would like it, but the sr. kids liked it just as much - maybe even more. They actually sang for me! Thanks so much for sharing your talents!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cute! Totally love this idea!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am doing this tomorrow! Thanks so much for your wonderful ideas. I use them every month. You are a lifesaver!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I really love this activity. Both Junior and Senior got such a huge kick out of it. We did tweak it a little; they barked to the tune like a dog, sang "Mama" for the baby, and jumped while singing for the brother (who has too much energy). :) Thank you so much for all your hard work and creativity. I don't know what I would have done if I'd had this calling before the days of the internet!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Those are great ideas! How did the jumping go?

      Delete
  6. Did you change the images for this activity? I printed it years ago and my cut outs don't match these (nor the actions). Is there a place to re-print the originals? Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I did change them. If you send me an e-mail I'll try to find the original document and send it. Ocdhousewife@gmail.com

      Delete